OUR PEOPLE

The team at sea

Our fleet consists of highly skilled professionals who are capable of carrying out a wide range of tasks while adhering to strict health, safety, environmental, and security standards. We carefully select seafarers who have undergone a rigorous screening process. At Navarone, we provide comprehensive training to our crew members, both on board and through external programs, to ensure that they are fully aware of and comply with SMS and international standards and requirements. This includes initial training, on-the-job training, and refresher courses.

OUR PEOPLE

The Team At sea

Our fleet consists of highly skilled professionals who are capable of carrying out a wide range of tasks while adhering to strict health, safety, environmental, and security standards. We carefully select seafarers who have undergone a rigorous screening process. At Navarone, we provide comprehensive training to our crew members, both on board and through external programs, to ensure that they are fully aware of and comply with SMS and international standards and requirements. This includes initial training, on-the-job training, and refresher courses.

Approach

Our organization has established a long-term cooperation with two manning agencies in Ukraine to provide us with crew management services and help us staff our vessels with a highly experienced crew. We strive to re-employ seafarers at sister ships to maximize their performance and minimize their familiarization period. Around 95% of our crew members are recruited by our Ukraine agents, whereas the remaining 5% are sourced by our third-party agents. We are proud to announce that we have maintained exceptionally high retention rates across all crew rankings of skilled and experienced personnel, with an average of over 85% for the past several years.

We deliver our Seafarers a competitive remuneration scheme and excellent working and living conditions aboard. Internal promotion programs are in place and effectively monitored by our Crewing Department. Other benefits include earlier execution of monthly allotments, increased CTM deliveries, and timely replacement at the expiration or even earlier of the employment contract period. Notably, since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adopted a remote medical assistance consultation service that supports our seafarers in need of medical advice

Committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining exceptionally skilled personnel, we invest in our employees’ training and development. Our scope of training capabilities comprises a progressive mix of internal and external seminars, workshops, and onboard training where the company’s policies are presented and thoroughly communicated. 

At Navarone, our top priority is the safety and well-being of all our employees and partners. Therefore, we offer extensive medical insurance programs for our onboard seafarers and office personnel while safeguarding human rights at work. 

To learn more about us, please visit