Business culture aligned with our lifestyle
The overall culture of our company supports the protection of the environment by encouraging our employees to affiliate with a sustainable lifestyle. We fully recognize their vital role in providing the highest standards of service to our clients and hence ensure:
- A workplace free of discrimination of any kind is provided
- Wage payments and allotments are paid in a timely fashion and measures are in place to verify this
- All seafarers receive wages to which they are contractually entitled
- Every effort is made to relieve seafarers at the time stipulated in the contract of employment and that measures are in place to achieve this
- Recruiting offices provide a welcoming environment and courteous disposition towards all seafarers
- Shore-based employees always treat all seafarers with respect and that respect is reciprocated to promote harmony on board
- There is a follow-up of any complaint from seafarers alleging noncompliance with the company’s commitments
- There is a commitment to improving seafarers’ lives at sea and ashore as an ongoing priority
- Crew welfare.
Active & Proactive
NAVARONE S.A. is also a member of HELMEPA, the Hellenic Marine Environment Protection Association; the pioneering voluntary commitment of Greek seafarers and ship owners to safeguard the seas from ship-generated pollution. Since day one, the company has been supporting various associations with environmental actions and health initiatives, while also contributing to projects on infrastructure. Among others, our scope of actions includes:
- Landscaping educational club of “Kaletzi”
- “Doctors Without Borders”
- “The Smile of the Child”, an association that defends children’s rights
- Syn-Enosis, Covid-19 Respirators.
NAVARONE S.A. promotes safety and environmental excellence through a highly disciplined and regularly updated SMS. Furthermore, the company is committed to the protection of the marine environment, as our policy is to have zero spills into the sea.
Specifically, our policy focuses on:
- Complying with all applicable legislation and guidelines imposed by IMO, Flag Administration, Classification Societies, and Maritime Industry Organizations
- Complying with the Dry BMS Quality Standard, the international top-tier quality standard regarding the improvement of the bulk carriers’ operational performance
- Verification of procedures and activities
- Maintaining practices for safe and pollution-free operations
- Applying very strict rules on consumption of drugs and alcohol aboard, and running third-party independent random tests
- Regularly reviewing and ensuring compliance and effectiveness of the above-mentioned.
NAVARONE S.A has developed a strong and long-standing relationship with CANFORNAV INC. of Montreal, a world-class shipping operator, that has built a solid and professional reputation in the international shipping industry since 1976.
With a fleet of over 40 vessels, ranging in size from 27,000 – 57,000 tons, CANFORNAV carries approximately 7 million tons of cargo annually and performs over 300 voyages per year. Dedicated to servicing St. Lawrence and Great Lakes, CANFORNAV is one of the largest ocean-going carriers calling the region on a regular basis with cargo to or from worldwide destinations. Through this solid collaboration, NAVARONE S.A. excels at an international level, providing high-quality shipping services and maintaining its strong professional identity.
- The company’s relationships with clients and suppliers are based on sound commercial criteria that are not influenced by other factors such as gifts or entertainment.
- There are no circumstances where the company will allow that any law or regulatory requirement be disregarded in the conduct of its business.
- Employees onboard and ashore shall report any actual or suspected violation of the code to their manager/superior.
- Any individual who is aware of a conflict of interest, or is concerned that such a conflict might arise, should address the matter with his/her manager immediately.
- The Company’s assets are only to be used for legitimate business purposes and only by authorized employees onboard and ashore.
- Any individual in possession of any disclosed information, must maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and must not disclose same unless lawful authorization is obtained.
- Zero-tolerance approach to bribery, corruption, and sanctions violations.
- All employees are prohibited from making Facilitation Payments.
The ISM Code (International Safety Management Code) provides an international standard for the safe management and operation of ships and pollution prevention and is compulsory for all passenger ships including passenger high-speed craft, oil tankers, chemical tankers, gas carriers, bulk carriers, cargo high-speed crafts, other cargo ships and mobile offshore drilling units of 500 gross tonnages and upwards, engaged on international voyages.
NAVARONE S.A currently owns an ISM certification both ashore and onboard its vessels, as the company also holds a valid Document of Compliance under the authorization of all the areas where we operate, always according to the corresponding national and international rules and regulations. The ISM objectives are an integral part of the company’s overall activities, and they specifically include:
- Safety at Sea
- Human injury or loss of life prevention
- Damage to the environment and the ship avoidance
The International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code is an amendment to the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) Convention (1974/1988) on minimum security arrangements for ships, ports, and government agencies. The ISPS Code applies to ships on international voyages (including passenger ships, cargo ships of 500 GT and upwards, and mobile offshore drilling units) and the port facilities serving such ships in international trade. Furthermore, it sets a series of objectives concerning:
- Security threats detection and security measures implementation
- The establishment of roles and responsibilities concerning maritime security for governments, local administrations, ship, and port industries at the national and international level
- Collation and promulgation of security-related information
- The provision of a security assessment methodology to have in place plans and procedures to react to changing security levels.
NAVARONE S.A. has established a Security Management System onboard to fulfill its responsibilities following the ISPS code. Specifically, all our vessels are provided with specific Ship Security Plans, and also follow certain procedures to prevent any unlawful act likely to jeopardize the security of individuals and property. Therefore, our team maintains and promotes all the necessary (preventive) safety actions with total compliance with the ISPS Code.